Monday, April 5, 2010

Musical Update

Hello, all. Just dropping by to give an update on what's happening musically in my life.

The CD Release party that I had on the 15th was fantastic! I just realized I didn't blog about it, so I need to say right now that I simply love each and every one of you. You helped to make that night nothing short of magical for me. I hope it was as enjoyable for you as it was for me. We had a great turnout, the decorations were rad (thanks Jamie and Michelle, loads and bunches), and I didn't completely screw up on stage. I call that a success!

Our trip to Nashville was also pretty amazing. I talked to a guy from BMI and he said I was a good songwriter, after claiming to be one of the toughest critics around. Hm, so somebody in the industry thinks I'm talented. Now if juuuust the right people can get that mindset, I'll be good to go. It was good hearing that from someone other than friends or family, though. I have a feeling you guys could be a little biased. ;)

I have a songwriter's showcase in Nashville on the 10th of this month. If you happen to be in Tennessee around that time, come support!

Songwriters Showcase
The Commodore Grill
2613 West End Ave. Nashville, TN.
615-327-4707

Emcee: Chris Tatum
Host: Bronson Bush
Hostess: Mackenzie Morgan

Featured Artist:
Taylor McLain
Mackenzie Morgan

Songwriters: Staci Marie Carriere, Krysta Nick, Bonner Black, Forrest Arnold,
Sarina Joi, Haley Butler, Holly Cormier, Courtney Dickinson
Guest Songwriter: Glenn Douglas Tubb
www.myspace.com/glenndouglastubbmusic

Showcase: Bronson Bush

After the show there will be an open mic for those that would like to sing…
To be on STAR’S of the Future contact Audrey at talentcoordinatorruth@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/littlefeather7677


I'm still writing! I've got loads and loads of new material. I could make a second, or even third, CD. It's great fun to me. I feel as though I'm finally discovering myself as an artist and really finding music that embodies me. It's so exciting, once you realized you're not just writing songs, but you're creating a reflection of yourself and what you'd like to be portrayed as. I think the new stuff is a lot more "me", because now I've had time to develop myself and my artistry! I'm so pumped for everyone to hear what I've got up my sleeve now. :)

Ciao!

-Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment